Session manager questions

First, let me thank the GNOME developers- it's turning out great.
And I'm working my way through the GTK+ tutorial at the moment, so
hopefully I'll be able to contribute soon.  (Not on the real point of
this message, but has anyone done any substantial GNOME work using
gtk--?  I prefer C++ to C, but that may just be from the fact that my
last few projects have been in C++/Java, so it looks more natural to
me at this point.)

I have some questions about the session manager, however, which is
the real point of this message.

First: Currently, the session manager correctly restores certain (I
presume session-aware) applications which were open when I logged out
of GNOME, the next time I log in.  (Gnome Terminal, Netscape, seem to
work).  Whenever they're restored, however, they're restored as
windows, even if I had them iconified before I logged out.  Is that
the correct behavior, or a bug?  (If it's correct, consider this a
request for adding it, or at least clarifying the documentation when
it's written.)

Second: Am I correct in assuming that applications added to the
Session Manager properties dialog are supposed to be started up when
the session manager starts?  If so, that doesn't appear to be working
for me.  (I filed this as a bug with bugs.gnome.org yesterday, but
wasn't sure if I was understanding the functionality correctly).

Thanks for any info, and keep up the good work!

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College Class of 1999