Re: How come GNOME is hard to install.

> This is not half the comfortability that I found when installed KDM,
> it had a nice capplet with tabs for background/greeter/selector config.
> If I'm not wrong it had a nice face config for each user or for root,
> cant recall.

GDM is designed with security in mind (unlike xdm).

To be secure, GDM requires a special user and group

Adding users to a system is a very non-portable thing to do.  That is
why people installing GDM are supposed to do this.

If you wait, your favorite distribution will soon include the whole
GNOME suite, and you will never have to worry about this.

But we are not going to sacrifice security.

Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org