Re: gdm PAM config file?

Daniel Burrows writes:
>  Now, I know that the hardcoded paths are perfectly OK in this case. (I'll
>probably remove them anyway to make the postinst stop complaining)  However,
>it seems to me that this might be a problem on systems where the PAM modules
>live in unusual locations.  Probably the /lib/security prefix should be
>stripped from the gdm PAM configuration file.

Actually, you've given a very good reason to leave them like they are.
On systems other than the ones for which that sample /etc/pam.d/gdm file
is destined for, it is quite likely that it is completely wrong.  This
means that the necessity for editing will be obvious instead of
insidiously wrong.

I suggest leaving it the way it is.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/