Re: Gnome panel background still not working

Just this guy you know wrote:

> Well I took a serious LART to /usr/local/lib in the hopes of clearing
> out whatever library was causing gnome-panel to not allow me to change
> its background. Despite all this it still dies horribly when I try
> to set the panel background, either from this panel properties or
> from gmc.

I'm having the same problem with the 99.7 RPMs on Redhat.    You can select
an image but as soon as you press "Apply" the panel dies.   The image used
doesn't seem to matter.   When the panel dies I get the following error in
my .xsession-errors file:

   Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

   aborting...

Hope this helps?

Richard