Re: Canvas limitations (was Re: Coding question, canvas)

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:

> > We will have to use it anyway in the end, to pick up all the
> > goodies, but right now, Gnome is moving to quickly for me.
>
> I swear to god that we have not done any major changes to gnome-libs
> since Dec 15.  With the exception of the AA stuff on Dec/29 or so.

Yeah, I'm less and less sure if it was a good idea to `fork' the
canvas.  Just see it as an experiment.  I wanted to try out a thing or
two but didn't want to track the GnomeCanvas while doing it.  I
figured I didn't have a use for the (most excellent) aa stuff and I
was a little bit afraid that I couldn't keep up with the things that
happen in that department.  Probably unfounded fears...  But I will in
no case market the GossipCanvas as "the XEmacs of canvases".  It's
purely internal.  I didn't want to hack directly on the GnomeCanvas,
for fear of name collisions should I ever want to quickly use the
gnome-libs in our project.