Color Map Problem, WM problem 2

Hi

 In fact if I have X with 256 colors my application can't alloc all
necessary colors
so it alloc them in a private color Map. Normally this do a flashing
when you change
the focused window : If my window has focus it is ok, and if there no
focus it is not ok.
This work fine with fvwm. With Gnome fvm my application is alway display
with bad colors, it
seem that my private colormap is not seem by the WM.

 I am using the last gnome of the 11 Feb 1999.
 Imblib1.9.2-3
 gmore 0.99.7
 On a PC with RedHat5.2.

Gilles Noyer

Mark R. Bowyer wrote:

> >From: Gilles Noyer <g.noyer@lectra.com>
>
> > If I use 256 Colors on my X server, gnome is running well
> >but application doing Color Allocation with private color Map
> >seem to cause problem with Gnome 0.99.7. Normaly when my window take
> >focus it must take color on the private color map.
> >
> > This is usefull when I have not enought color for allocatiing
> >all colors in the default color map, changing window focus change colors
> >for all windows, and the focused window is well draw the others
> >are bad draw.
> >
> > This princip is working fine with fvwm, but not with gnome wm.
>
> What problems do you see?
>
> I'm using ImLib 1.9.2, Gnome 0.99.7 and the very latest snap of Enlightenment
> 0.15 on a Sun with 2 8bpp framebuffers - thats 256 colours per screen.  And it
> all works fine, but for the colour flashing you mention.
>
> In fact it works *astonishingly* well, compared to CDE on the same hardware, as
> Imlib is so much better at closest-colour allocation than the standard X stuff.
>
> So, what's wrong?
>
> -------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
> o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
> /v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
> `-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk
>
> --
begin:          vcard
fn:             Gilles Noyer
n:              Noyer;Gilles
org:            Lectra Systèmes
adr:            ZI Marticot;;;Cestas;;33611;FRANCE
email;internet: g.noyer@lectra.com
title:          Ingenieur systèmes
tel;work:       +33 (0) 5 57 97 81 60
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0