Panel Annoyances (RPM 0.99.7)

Firstly, Gnome is awesome.

Secondly, there are a few annoyances with the panel:
1. Since I installed 0.99.7 the auto hide feature no longer works
correctly. What appears to have happened is that the panel has moved up
by a pixel from the bottom of the screen, such that if I move the
pointer very quickly to the bottom of the screen then the panel will
only appear. As I am used to just flicking the mouse to the bottom of
the screen to give me the panel this is quite annoying, as I then have
to move the mouse up a few pixels to get the panel or move down slower.

Changing the width of the panel when hidden did not do anything, nor did
moving the panel around to other edges of the screen - there was still
that one pixel (at least) edge that wouldn't bring up the panel.

2. Another annoyance with the panel is if the panel is hidden, and
select a pull down menu (or right click, for example in Gnome terminal),
then as long as the menu is there the panel will not rise.

Also, Gnome terminal seems to have a problem where it will not start
without the menubar no matter what the preferences are set as (in
~/.gnome/Terminal) - I might have a patch soon for that as it is almost
within the limited ranges of my C skills.

Thanks again,
Chuck Dale

network administration -- sydney.net