gnome upgrade problems

Today  I began upgrading Gnome on my system from 0.99.2 to 0.99.7.  I do
all through rpm's because it stays simpler.  I upgraded all the packages
fine and didn't have too many problems. The snag I hit is that now my
panel doesn't have any icons.  None of the .png files are there
anymore.  It looks  for the files and has alot of error messages.  My
panel has no graphics on it. at all.  What package did I forget?  I
don't remember unistalling anything but who knows.  Any advice on the
subject would be appreciated.  Thank you.
  Bryan Starbuck