Major panel bug

Philippe Moutarlier wrote:

> I am NOT using gnome-session and I am experiencing the same
> thing : multiple panels (almost latest from CVS).
>
> Basically, it happens every time I add a new applet to the panel.
>
> Philippe

I just verified this for myself by starting only the window manager in
my .Xclients script and starting the panel manually from rxvt.  The bug
seems to be with panel, not gnome-session.  Try it yourself:

1. With just the windowmanager and a shell running, type 'panel &'.
Create a couple of corner panels.  Add one applet to any of the panels
and then use the gnome logout command (Don't logout from your window
manager)
2. Start panel from rxvt again and add another applet (not an
applauncher, I haven't tryed this test by adding applaunchers).  Logout
again.
3. Repeat step 2 until panel has problems loading.  When I get up to 6
applets running the panel barfs when it is run and a second instance of
panel is started.  Note that I'm not including the gnome menu, the 3
applaunchers and the logout button in my count of applets.

To who, or how should I report this bug?