Re: Customisable Accelerators should be taken care off.

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 10:43:03AM -0600, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> Could you describe exactly what the problem is?  I could not
> understand your suggested solutions, as the problem is completely new
> to me.

If you have opened a menu in a GNOME application, and then hit a key,
you have set an accelerator for it.  An accelerator which may conflict
with other accelerators for the same window, and is not persistant -
it only takes effect while this window is open.  Close it and you lose
this accelerator.

It also selects the menu item, which can be confusing.  If I have
opened a menu, such as File, and am currently on the New... entry, I
would not expect pressing 'd' to either 1) set 'd' as the accelerator,
or 2) activate the New... entry, while leaving the menu open.

--
Ian Peters		``Never attribute to malice what can be explained
ipeters@acm.org			by stupidity'' -- Hanlon's Razor