gtkdoc-mkhtml

I am a relative newbie at this.

I am trying to compile gnome for my RH Linux 5.2 system.  I downloaded the
0.99 modules via anonymous CVS
and compiled them in the suggested order.  I modified my /etc/ld.so.conf
file to include the new library path as the first entry, and regularly ran
ldconfig.

I put the directories in a tree, /usr/local/gnome, and used
--prefix=/usr/local/gnome when I invoked autogen.sh

All seems to go well until I get to compiling gnome-libs.

Then, the make fails because it can't find something called "gtkdoc-mkhtml"

Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong?

Thanks!