Re: New RPMs for Gnome 0.99.5?

Certain aspects of the GNOME project are "unimpressive". This is one
of them, especially considering it's at a "0.99" pre-release level,
and just isn't able to get the user (as opposed to developer)
exposure it's going to need. This is worse, considering the level of
RedHat (the 'R' of RPM) sponsorship of GNOME, that RPMs tend to be
so late that feedback from them is useless.

I remember the launches of OS/2 3.0, Win95, RedHat 5.0, and Win98,
to name a few. I presume RedHat 6.0 is going to contain GNOME as
well as kernel 2.2. You really need to NOT repeat history if you
can help it at all. Linux now has the limelight, RedHat in particular,
and you need to AVOID a rocky launch of RH6.

Dale Pontius