RE: Recommended gnome startup

I had a problem where enlightenment crashed. GTK stuff doesnt seem to work
correctly without a WM. You cant type. When I quit X an came back in,
enlightenment was still gone. I finally had to run gnome-run, and browse for
enlightenment.

Maby a control center capplet like the screensaver or background capplet
would be in order. That way, a user can choose which WM to run, and the
capplet running at startup can make sure that the WM comes up.