Re: Using libart_lgpl directly

What is the advantage of writing a custom canvas item, instead of a
GtkDrawingArea like widget?  The direct to rgb buffer stuff seems to
duplicate the functionality in gdk, and I believe it's possible to
place arbitrary widgets on the canvas anyway?  It just seems to me
that what I want to do is quite different to what the canvas is
for, even though it will use the same library for graphics
primitives (libart).

I may have completely the wrong idea, so feel free to correct me.

BTW, I noticed that the source is marked as C++ (thought I didn't
notice any major C++isms).  I am restricted to C in my project, so
it would be cool to have a C widget.

Anyway, it would probably be a good idea to work together on this.

Thanks,
Lyndon

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 06:17:29PM -0600, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I'm playing with this for Guppi. The reason it's using all that memory is
> that you're using too many canvas objects (one for each point?) - either
> that or you have a memory leak.

It's just the number of canvas objects.  It would appear that they use
about 600 bytes per object.