gnome-libs 0.99.5 installation problems

Ok, I've installed the gnu db from sleepycat.com, but I'm still getting a Segmentation fault when doing 'make install'.  I followed the installation instructions for db, but I'm not really sure how it's integrated with the installation script, so I can't tell if I've installed it correctly or why it's still Segmentation faulting.  What do you do after the db installation side to get the gnome-libs installation to work?
--
 Joshua Stein                                             jcs@linux.lake.il.us
 JStein Technologies                             Lake County Linux Users Group