Re: The Panel and Session Management

John R Sheets <dusk@ravendusk.org> writes:

> So my question is, what could be going on here?  Does the panel
> do some extra hocus pocus?  My X Server & window manager are
> already running when I call gnome-session;

When you say "running from a command line" do you mean a term started
from your WM?

There is an environment variable (SESSION_MANAGER) set by gnome-session,
and since you are starting your WM before this it (and things run by it
(your xterm)) do not know about the session manager (this is what the
window manager cappet is for).

So, if you set up the window manager capplet things should work how you
expect them (i think).

Jacob
--
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!" - R. Wiggum