Re: Need Help: session management and gnome capplets often don't work

Paul> Sometimes when I go to the gnome panel to shutdown, nothing
Paul> happens.  I saw one other note in this list of someone saying
Paul> this is a failure to connect to the gnome-session. What to do?

Unfortunately I don't know all the ways in which the session manager
can fail.  But some of these problems sound like a failure of clients
to connect to the SM.  Can you run "save-session" and see if it prints
out any error messages?

Paul> When I shutdown gnome, and restart, there is sometimes no window
Paul> manager running, and I get the error messaage that the pager
Paul> cant start because it can't find a gnome compatible window
Paul> manager.

What window manager are you using?  Is it session aware?  When you
save the session is it listed in ~/.gnome/session?

Tom