Re: Useability-root window desktop

Hmm, bear with me I am new to the list, (don't know if this
thread has ran too long...<g>)in fact new to Gnome as well.

Anyway, I have ran other desktop managers over the years and
have used utilities as root while logged in as non root to
Xwindows.

I wanted to make sure it was do-able in Gnome before I posted
though, yeah it is.  I use sudo, and then set up my programs
that need to be ran as root with "sudo -u root program".

I write shell scripts for the programs that will pop up a term
for the password verification which will execute the command
as root on a successful response.

This way I can group all the programs that are executed as
root.

Terry...