Re: Folder Icons

You don't have to use stuffit to copy it with metadata intact, at least when
you are copying from a Mac to a Mac.  The file shows up on your client Mac with
everything set correctly; the icon is correct for that application and
double-clicking on that icon opens the correct program to access the data.

I don't claim to know how it works, and I know that you DO have problems trying
to transfer the files to non-Mac computers.  For example, a JPEG file on the
Mac might be called "Picture of Me" (no extension).  You won't have any trouble
opening it on the Mac.  If you transfer it to a Windows or Unix machine, they
won't have a clue what it is.  Although if you rename it "me.jpg", Windows and
Unix are much happier.

Personally, I kind of like the fact that the filename doesn't matter at ALL,
the metadata keeps track of the file association so the system knows what type
of file it is.