Re: GNOME upgrade

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 12:05:53AM +0300, Ali Abdin wrote:

> The installation of GNOME is very very easy and not as complicated as
> eveeryone makes it out to be.

Thank you for your posting describing the different GNOME modules,
which I found very useful.
It was precisely the kind of document
which I feel should accompany notice of GNOME upgrades.

Several people have written to me,
accusing me of attacking GNOME.
On the contrary, I like GNOME very much,
and would like to see it more widely used.
That is why I drew attention to weaknesses in the documentation,
which I suspect must put off many potential users.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim@maths.tcd.ie