Re: gnome-terminal idea

On 23-Sep-98 George wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 09:57:09PM -0400, Tim Moore wrote:
>> > have you taken a look at gnome mdi
>>
>> Only in gEdit, which doesn't seem to respect the settings you make in
>> L&F properties.
>
> just because gedit has bugs doesn't mean teh concept sucks

OK, just wanted to clear up *why* gEdit has this bug real quick - gEdit
doesn't *require* GNOME, and had the document tabs long before GnomeMDI even
existed. The reason I haven't implemented the cool stuff that GnomeMDI offers
(namely DND to the desktop) is because I need to implement it for both the
GNOME and non-GNOME versions, and since apparently the DND api is going to be
changing very soon, I figured I'd wait until that was all settled before I did
something and then had to go back and re-write it... Just wanted to clear that
up:)

--
Evan Lawrence