Re: Word Processors

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > The **worst** feature of Word 97, after talking paperclips.
>
> Wierd.  I think the paperclip is a great idea.
>
> I have even been thinking about how to make a framework for guessing
> what the user is doing in GNOME.

I believe that the major objection most folks have is that they feel
like Microsoft thinks that grown adults need cute cartoons to be able to
operate software. If the same functionality had been implemented as a
simple popup somewhere it would probably have been hailed as a great
advance in UI.

I too think that the program attempting to help you if it notices you
doing something inefficiently or just plain wrong is great. But it needs
to be presented in a less threatening fashion. (Maybe it could be
selectable for those who actually like the little moonwalking gnome in
the corner of the screen. :)