Re: metadata

> We now have to come with a list of standard keys that we will use
> on the Metadata, here is a suggestion of the keys I want to use --at
> least in the file manager--
[snip]
> "Gnome.View" Command used to view this file. This
> might include file manager specific bits
> (for example, the command might be to
> invoke the build-in viewer).
>
> "Gnome.Open" Command used to open this file

These don't seem different enough to me. There are many cases where opening
a file does the same thing as viewing it. I would prefer "Gnome.View" and
"Gnome.Edit". Uh oh; when the choice is between view and open it's obvious
to make the default open, but if the choice is between view and edit there's
no obvious default. Hmmm...

(Please CC me on replies as I don't get this list.)

Wesley Felter - wesf@cs.utexas.edu