Programming languages...

I am new to Gnome and i am not sure that i understand all of it (and i
surely not know all about the software that are available for it ..)

anyway, i subscribe here to propose the beginning of a new project (inside
Gnome, of Course !).

I am a programmer under Delphi for Win95..  (okok, i know, shame on me  :-)
and i think Delphi is a great language to use (for Rapid App Developpment..)

and i wonder if somthing similar exists for Linux... If not, that would be a
great app to work on ..
(I am probably not skilled enough to do it, but i could help..)

anyway:

I have followed some discussion on some newsgroup about Delphi and linux
(basically Commercial Software vs GPL)
and more than 200 persons had sign up to tell that they would be interested
by such a thing..

So ...  what do you think ?

Joachim 'Yolk' Thuau
x6514