Re: Help an ORBit idiot, please

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Soren Harward wrote:

> To: "William F. Maton" <wmaton@enterprise.ic.gc.ca>
> Subject: Re: Help an ORBit idiot, please
> From: Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net>
>
> I got it fixed: copy/overwrite all files in /opt/gnome/share/aclocal [or
> your equivalent] to /usr/share/aclocal, and then symlink
> /usr/share/aclocal to /opt/gnome/share/aclocal. This will get rid of
> "duplicate error" messages and the ./configure errors.

Well, normally when making a new GNOME build, I do a

$ rm -rf ~baulig/INSTALL ~/compile
$ cd ~/preserve/automake
$ make install
$ cd ../libtool
$ make install

And did a `./configure --prefix=/home/baulig/INSTALL' in automake and
libtool long ago ...

This will get rid of all GNOME files and install a fresh automake/aclocal
and libtool.

Martin