Re: InSight

R> Apparently, while most people agreed with some of InSights ideas
R> and were awed at some of their interface design possiblities, the
R> idea was met with great resistance by the people higher up.

All I remember was some posts about a "scrollball" which was supposed
to completely replace the scrollbar, despite lacking significant
functionality which scrollbars have.  It caused lots of fun on Usenet,
with the person proposing the scrollball refusing to believe that
people actually used a scrollbar in modes other than he originally
thought, and asserting he had a much greater knowledge of UIs than
anyone else.

Personally, I wasn't too impressed by the one individual I saw
posting, who had claimed to research many GUIs and kept showing his
ignorance of them and the way they worked.

I can't recall, however, any of those I would consider the "main
coders" of GNOME entering into the debate, however.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
Body by Nautilus, Brain by Mattel.