Re: Problem building libgnome with latest configure.in change

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> Running my normal "get latest and build" script, my libgnome build failed.
>
> Strangely, aclocal is failing, saying:
>
>     aclocal: configure.in: 153: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE' not found in library
>
> But line 153 of configure.in says AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2, and that *is* in
> gconf.m4 right there where aclocal should find it. So I have no idea what
> this error message about AM_GCONF_SOURCE means.
>
> Maybe I have a bad version of autoconf -- it says 2.52. Anyone have a clue
> what I'm doing wrong?

I had this problem, and it took a while to track down.  You need to
update your gconf-2.0.m4 file.  The old one had:

dnl AM_GCONF_SOURCE

on it's first line, that somehow managed to confuse aclocal (despite the
fact it's a comment!)

Thanks,
-Jonathan