emit_event warning in GnomeCanvas

When I click on the background of the icon view in Nautilus, I get a warning
from emit_event. The warning is a bit cryptic because it just says
"emit_event is about to return FALSE". I think it has something to do with
canvas grab, but I don't know what Nautilus is doing wrong to cause the
warning to be triggered.

The big problem is that Nautilus runs in a mode where warnings drop into the
debugger, and this causes me to drop into the debugger with the pointer
grabbed. Then I have to clobber X with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.

Can someone help me fix the problem that causes the warning and the wording
of the warning?

    -- Darin