Re: blog processes getting wild on window.gnome.org

Toni Willberg wrote:
Hi.

Could the author of the blogging scripts implement some safe guards into the scripts. There are several processes couple times per day trying to consume all our precious CPU power on window.gnome.org. :)

It seems that nobody really takes responsibility of blogs.gnome.org..

We (GNOME.org Sysadmin Team) have spotted couple of fatal errors in NB scripts which causes nice busyloops and such..

NB also servers all images trough Python script, instead of letting Apache server them directly off-disk. This has caused the load of window.g.o to be around 40-70 for several hours today. I hacked NB to nice itself to 10, this should help as first aid. Some people had lots of images on their blogs today which causes lots of extra load on the server due this feature of NB.

Toni the sysadmin