[GNOME-India] Response from Linux Asia [Was:[Fwd: Pls fwd this mail to the GNOME India list]]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Pls fwd this mail to the GNOME India list
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 06:35:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan76 yahoo com>
To: sayamindu clai net

Hi Sankarshan,

Its great to hear about GNOME INDIA formally coming
into being. In response to your questions, here are
some details. We can work on getting more information
and clarifications as you finalize what your group
would like to do.

Your questions were...

[1] what are the expenses involved in setting up a
GNOME Booth at The Hub ?

You can check out the rates at
http://www.linuxasia2004.com/exhibitor/

Expo Booths
(Indoors at the premium hall i.e. Silver Oak) Rs
6,500/sq meter $160
Expo Booths
(Outdoors near the 'HUB' opposite Silver Oak) Rs
6,000/sq meter $150
Expo Booths
(Indoors at the 'common area' opposite Silver Oak) Rs
6,000/sq meter $150
Expo Booths
(Outdoors at the 'Patio' behind Silver Oak) Rs
5,500/sq meter $135
Expo Booths
(Outdoors at the 'Lawns' behind patio) Rs 5,000/sq
meter $120
Demo at HUB
(per PC for 3 days) Rs 10,000 $250

[2] is it possible to get at least 3
talk/demonstration slots dedicated to GNOME ?

We have some excellent and expert level speakers from
within India and abroad who will be speaking at the
various tracks. Hence, please provide the topics
specifically under GNOME that your group is interested
in presenting and speaker profiles. It is not possible
to guarantee 3 slots before the final speaker schedule
is finalized. Another possibility is to utilize the
technology track which could handle a "technology
workshop session" if the GNOME topics require 2-3
speakers to handle different aspects of the
technology. We can work out arrangements such that you
can co-sell the workshop to ensure full attendance to
this kind of a "high-quality" tech workshop. I can put
you in touch with the folks handling the financial
details. I would request your group to register as
soon as possible to get best arrangements.

[3] what facilities could be expected from a presence
at The Hub ?

The Hub is a central area outdoors and located next to
the Expo where one can setup PCs to demonstrate their
applications. It is different from a booth
configuration. The idea is to have attendees to walk
up and "touch and feel" the application while talking
to you about it.

In an exhibit booth, the configuration is such that
you have your own environment, can hang your banners,
ad materials on tables, as many systems as you need
etc. in your own space.

[4] how soon does the committee require a confirmation
of attendance?

The sooner people register to attend, the better.
Please note that attendance will be confirmed by
LinuxAsia after receiving an attendee's request to
attend and receiving payment (for paid tracks). This
is done to plan logistics better and ensure a focused
audience.

Hope this helps.
With best regards,
Alolita Sharma