Re: CVS-Georgia

ááááááááá! Vladimer :)

Thankyou for your appreciation. :)

On 23/02/2006, at 2:54 AM, Vladimer Sichinava wrote:

I've talked with Signor Gia Shervashidze, so I can write down everything with a major security :)

That's good. :)

In georgian there is no plural forms,

One Plate, 3 Plates, many Plates. - English
Erti tepshi, 3 tepshi, bevri tepshi. - Tepshi - Plate , remains everytime.
so your correct Header example is:

"Project-Id-Version: ekiga HEAD\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2006-02-20 08:22+0100\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2006-02-21 11:56+0100\n"
"Last-Translator: Vladimer SIchinava <alinux siena linux it>\n"
"Language-Team: Georgian <gnome inet ge>\n"
"Plural-Forms: nplurals=1; plural=0;

So you _do_ have the same plurals expression as my language! That's a fun surprise. :)

I've copied that expression into the evolution ka.po file, and msgfmt is passing it now. I've just committed that file. I'll start on the rest of the files, and send you a list of the ones committed, and any problems I encounter (hopefully none :) ).

But,every time there is: msgstr[0] "" msgstr[1] "" We must manually change them to normal: msgstr "" (or there is other solution?)

As Danilo says, if you have your correct plurals header set in your translation editor, or in the PO file when it's generated, automatically gettext will create only the required plurals fields. My PO files only ever have msgstr[0] fields, no msgstr[1] at all.

PNG image

So check your editor. Have a look at the .png file I've attached here. Your plurals settings should be the same as mine. Make sure you have these fields filled in, with your details.

(I don't use Kbabel, because X11 in OSX doesn't support entering or displaying my language :( but I've opened it and made this screenshot as an example.)

So that's the story of georgian translation :)

It's going to be a happy story. :) I always like stories with a happy ending.

The file is not yet complete: there are untranslated and fuzzy strings. Do you want me to submit all files, whether they are complete or not?
As you are an expert (than me), you decide, 100% persent files - Yes, + important files like GDM are ok. Because I've translated the main interface.
And work is in progress :)

I'm a long way from being an expert on the GTP, but I'm happy to help. :)

I'll commit as many files as I can, because that means they will be updated to the latest versions of the strings, whenever changes occur, and then you can update the current translations, not waste time on strings that aren't being used anymore.

So, submitting your files is working, and back to CVS for me!

BTW, Vladimir, don't worry too much about learning CVS for Gnome, because Gnome is swapping to SVN soon. The cut-off date is Friday 8th March. Please see this wiki article:

http://live.gnome.org/Subversion

and this page is really helpful on comparisons between SVN and CVS:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Subversion

Good luck! :)

(your CVS submitter goes back to work... :D )

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)