default disclaimer (was: Re: Invariant sections? GFPL)

On 06/09/2005, at 7:02 AM, Pedro de Medeiros wrote:

GFDL (and any other GNU licenses) itself is valid only in original
English language[1].  Translated versions are there only for
convenience, so just do not worry about it.

Good to know that. Is there a default disclamer notice for that kind of thing? So we don't have to come up with a new way of saying that on each language GNOME is translated for. Sorry if it is a stupid question. :)

If you go to the link Danilo quoted:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html

then further down the page, it says:
To label your translations as unofficial we want you to add the following text at the beginning, both in English and in the language of the translation---replacing language with the name of that language:

This is an unofficial translation of the GNU General Public License into language. It was not published by the Free Software Foundation, and does not legally state the distribution terms for software that uses the GNU GPL--only the original English text of the GNU GPL does that. However, we hope that this translation will help language speakers understand the GNU GPL better.

If you make a translation, please inform the GNU Translation Managers <web-translators gnu org>. They will check to make sure that your translation follows the above guidelines and make a link to it from this page.

which is really useful to know. :) There may even be an existing translation of each licence for your language, Pedro: see the lists further down the page. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)