Re: Gnome 2.6 and updates

tor, 28,.10.2004 kl. 21.21 +0200, skrev Carlos Perellà MarÃn:
> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 19:06 +0100, Gora Mohanty wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi
>

> >   I have been submitting Oriya .po files to the 2.6
> > branch, as also to 2.8 and HEAD, but the statistics at
> > <http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.6/or/desktop/index.html>
> > do not seem to have updated in over a day, even though
> > the CVS logs show the update. Or, is it that there is
> > no
> > point in now adding translations to the 2.6 branch?
>
> GNOME 2.6 status is not updated anymore, we are not doing any new
> release from that branch and thus it makes no sense to update its
> status.

Note though that there are distros based on 2.6.x so you might see the
occacional tarball release of a single package from 2.6.x, heck,
Jonathan is about to release a 2.2.3 package of libwnck, so nothing is
impossible.

RHEL and other distros with a long support cycle will be based on older
stable releases for quite some time.

Cheers
Kjartan