Re: localisation into assamese (ISO 639-1: as , ISO 639-2: asm )

tis 2004-10-26 klockan 10.03 skrev lakshmikanta patir:
> >         Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
> >         tis 2004-10-26 klockan 01.15 skrev lakshmikanta patir:
> >         > is there anyone interested in localising of gnome into
> >         assamese
> >         > language? please contact me.
> >
> >         Do you want to start a GNOME translation team for Assamese?
> >         If that's what you want, please let us know so we can note
> >         that on the web.
>
> hi,
>    yes, i want to do that.
> thanks.

Ok. Support for Assamese [as] is very welcome in GNOME. I've added your
name and e-mail address to the teams page at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html now. Please
verify that this listing is correct.

I'll also send a mail in private to you with a request for bugzilla
details. Please reply to that mail as soon as possible.

Other than that, please ask around on this mailing list or at the IRC
channel #i18n on irc.gnome.org if you need help getting started. An
introduction to the translation process can be found at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/l10n-guide/.

For a new team I'd recommend starting with translating what will
eventually become GNOME 2.10.

You can find a preliminary list of included software in GNOME 2.10 at
the translation status pages on http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.10/
under the "desktop" and "developer-libs" sections. Those are the things
to translate for full support of the official GNOME release. Note that
this list is preliminary and bound to change somewhat. You can find the
2.10 release schedule at http://www.gnome.org/start/2.9/.

You can get the potfiles to translate for GNOME 2.10, as an example,
from the http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.10/gv/developer-libs/ and
http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.10/gv/desktop/ pages.
You'll get your own
http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.10/as/developer-libs/ and
http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.10/as/desktop/ translation status
pages as soon as the first bo.po is committed to the GNOME cvs
repository.

Once you have translated some of the pot files referenced above, you can
send the resulting po files to me (or someone else with cvs access
willing to do comit the files) and we'll try to put them into cvs for
you. Just make sure that the po files pass a test with "msgfmt -cvv
as.po" without errors or warnings, that they're encoded in UTF-8, and
that you compress them using gzip before attaching them to the mail.
Or you can put the files on a web page somewhere, and we can fetch them
from there.

Once you've contributed a few translations this way, you can apply for a
cvs account of your own at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/policies/accounts/, so that you can put
translations directly into cvs later on.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Thanks, and welcome,