GIMP is approaching 2.2

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that we are closing in on GIMP 2.2 now. At
the moment I am doing the 2.1.7 release. The next release is going to
follow in about two weeks and is going to be the first pre-release for
2.2. Starting with tonite's release we will try to avoid any further
string changes by all means. There are a few core dialogs that are
still awaiting changes but these changes shouldn't cause many strings
to change. So you can assume GIMP HEAD to be in tentative string
freeze for GIMP 2.2 now. By the end of the month, with the 2.2-pre1
release, this will lead into a strict freeze.

Thus I invite all translators to update the translations for GIMP
HEAD.  You would make the GIMP developers and users very happy if we
could ship 2.2.0 with a reasonable amount of complete translations.

We might do another 2.0 bug-fix release but I would suggest you don't
any longer put any work into the gimp-2-0 branch.

Thanks a lot for your help translating The GIMP.

Sven