Re: Missing po-commits in cvs-po-commits-list

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 19:38 +0200, Alexander Shopov wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> It seems some commits to po files are missing in the cvs-po-commits-list
> Take for example this one from 20 Nov. 2004:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/cvs-commits-list/2004-November/msg04170.html
> It is nowhere to be found here:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/cvs-po-commits-list/2004-November/date.html
>
> There were similar problems in the past. And it was problem with the
> wrong filter configuration. I am sorry that I cannot find my email.
>
> Can someone fix this?

Not easily, I'm afraid. The way the CVSROOT/loginfo file works, it only
executes the first regexp match it finds. In the case of some modules
(including gtk+, as per your example above), there is already a commit
handler in place, so CVS never reaches the script that sends out the po
commit.

The best solution I can think of is to hack po-commits-log.pl to ignore
patches that aren't related to po files, and move it to the top of the
loginfo file using an 'ALL' line in CVSROOT/loginfo.

Unfortunately for now, I don't have enough time to look into it, so
cvs-po-commits-list cannot be guaranteed to work 100% of the
time :( Sorry. Is there anyone else on the list (with some basic perl
skills) that might be able to help out?

Regards,

--
Ross