Re: new GOK translatable strings visible

fre 2004-01-09 klockan 12.51 skrev Bill Haneman:
> There are also translator comments which aren't getting pushed out into
> the .po files yet; we're investigating that and plan to fix.  In the
> meantime, if you open the source files there _should_ be comments for
> the more cryptic strings.

Translator comments won't be extracted by xgettext unless they are on
the line *immediately preceding* the line with the gettext call.

So this will work:

        gok_do_some_fancy_stuff (argument1,
        /* Translators: Sample comment for translators about the msg. *
                                 _("This is a localized message."),
                                 argument3);

But this won't work:

        /* Translators: Sample comment for translators about the msg. *
        gok_do_some_fancy_stuff (argument1,
                                 _("This is a localized message."),
                                 argument3);

Judging from the gok source, this may very well be the problem.