Re: default theme consensus

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 15:29 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 15:08, Christian Rose wrote:
>
> > Is it "Glider" as in the sense of an unmotored aeroplane? Or is there
> > some other connection that I'm missing with the theme name?
>
> Well, it wasn't my choice of name, but my interpretation is a little
> less literal... given that it's based on the Smooth engine and was
> originally called "Simply Smooth", I think the new name is just supposed
> to convey "smooth and effortless" generally.
>
> What do you reckon, Link?

Yea, I interpret it as a double meaning like that. Its a "glider"... its
usable, clean, simple... it glides across a proverbial surface... does
that make any sense? Plus the name "Glider" fits in with the whole odd-
ball names for GNOME apps that have nothing to do with the actual
functionality of the application... "Muine" "Epiphany" "Evolution"
"Blam!" "Straw" "Totem" and so on.

--
Link Dupont <link subpop net>