Re: Any conclusion about (C) and ©, and non-ASCII msigid?

Kaixo!

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 06:51:46PM +0100, Christian Rose wrote:

> Understood, but the problem is that it doesn't work now. The msgid
> cannot be in UTF-8, since xgettext won't allow it. Thus, even if we do
> use UTF-8 for all msgstrs now (which we do), the msgid cannot be in
> UTF-8. At least not until gettext is fixed and we decide to require this
> fixed version of gettext.

Ah, I thought the problem was with msgfmt.
It used to work with previous versions of xgettext.

Note that I tried with -E option, and it works (the non-ascii bytes
being written in octal notation); so there is a workaround replacing
"xgettext" by "xgettext -E" in Makefiles.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]

PGP signature