re: difficulties with Gnome Translation

El sáb, 27-04-2002 a las 23:29, Christian Rose escribió:
> lör 2002-04-27 klockan 22.28 skrev Mohammed Elzubeir:
> > The Gnome system seems to place the developers' individual applications'
> > independence very high. That is very well, and it needs not be
> > compromised. However, it is also under the assumption that translations
> > would be as spread out as the applications' po/'s. In other words, it
> > seems that translators are expected to be individually motivated by X,Y
> > persons who want to translate application Y. As opposed to Team 1
> > wanting to translate the entire Gnome environment and all the major
> > applications that come with it.
>
> I don't see any conflict in this. For those who want to translate "all
> of Gnome" and may not be much interested in the individual applications
> by their own but rather of the environment as a whole, the status pages
> is the resource to use. They define what should be translated if Gnome
> is to be translated(*).
>
> (*) Currently this isn't the case because for example the unstable
> status pages don't just list the core GNOME 2.0 modules but also a lot
> of non-core and non-gnome modules, but that's just a bug. I think we
> need a seperate stable/extra and unstable/extra report. I'd really
> appreciate Carlos' opinions on this.

As you know new status pages have this "bug" solved ;-)

Also, since today all information is stored at
gnome-i18n/status/translation-status.xml so any question regard a
module, branch, po dir, etc.. look at it.

[...]

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
mailto:carlos@gnome-db.org

Esta parte del mensaje esta firmada digitalmente