Re: We need a solution about .po files && UTF-8

On 28 Apr 2002, Carlos [ISO-8859-1] Perelló Marín wrote:

> No, We will need this line because if you have a glibc >= 2.2 it will
> recode the .po to your default locale, for example in spain we use
> iso-8859-15 and it's not UTF-8.
>
> We will not need this line if all GNOME users change his/her locale to
> LOCALE.UTF-8 or something like that but it's really difficult to change
> it for all GNOME 2.0 users IMHO

It is also further limited by the avilability of UTF-8 locales, and
forcing everybody to mass migrate to UTF-8 to use gnome2 is neither nice
nor probbaly all that successfull

> cheers.
>
> --
> Carlos Perelló Marín
> mailto:carlos@gnome-db.org
> mailto:carlos.perello@hispalinux.es
> http://www.gnome-db.org
> http://www.Hispalinux.es
> Valencia - Spain

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding