Re: UTF8 encoding for all .po files

Την Τετ, 24-04-2002 στις 11:13, ο/η Carlos Perelló Marín έγραψε:
> Hi I'm thinking on recode all GNOME2's .po files into UTF8 before the
> release. Some teams are not working on translations and then those
> translations could cause problems on old systems (as old as a Debian
> Potato or RedHat 6.2).
>
> What do you think?
>
> Could I reencode all those files and commit them to cvs.gnome.org?

That would be a good idea.

I would suggst however to verify that the encoding for each file goes
well. The current scripts (from CVS:gnome-i18n/UTF-8) abort when they
find illegal ISO-8859-?, thus corrupting the translation.
An appropriate solution would be to empty the translation that does not
convert or signal the mistake.

simos