Re: build.gnome.org

Hi,

Frederic Peters wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>

>>What do you think about using 'build.gnome.org' as the canonical name for
>>JhAutobuild, and perhaps running the controller one of the GNOME servers?
>>Blessing it (or *something*) as our official build farm will increase the
>>support it will get and thus, its relevance to GNOME developers.
>

> Sergio Villar Senin has been working to use Mozilla Tinderbox to build
> GNOME (see [1]), I wouldn't want him to think his efforts wasted by
> this blessing.

Thank you for CCing me Frederic, because I was not subscribed to the
gnome-hackers mailing list. This is my first post to the list, so I want
to say that I'm very pleased to meet people like you.

> Unfortunately his work is currently not compatible with jhautobuild
> (jhautobuild works with long jhbuild builds while he makes lots of
> small jhbuild calls).  It would be great to have his tinderbox setup
> report to jhautobuild.  I'm cc'ing him.

I'm not sure about what are you proposing. Do you mean that a tinderbox
client could send the build logs to a jhautobuild? I'm not sure about
that, because the format the tinderbox issues its logs is not the same
one used by the jhbuild AFAIK, maybe you'll need to code a parser for
this kind of logs. Anyway I'm open to any kind of collaboration.

>>Thanks, it's awesome work. :-)
>

> Thanks, it is appreciated :)

I agree, your work is great.

People here at Igalia let me spend some more time developing our GNOME
tinderbox. I'll try to have a better implementation of our continuous
integration system ready for the GUADEC, where I think we can talk about
this subject.

Br.

PD: the URL for the tinderbox is
http://gnometinderbox.igalia.com/all_trees.panel.html