Re: Subversion history problem

On พฤ., 2006-02-16 at 14:16 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> James Henstridge wrote:
>
> >Hi Ross,
> >
> >I was looking through the history of the imported version of jhbuild,
> >and it seems that the order of the changesets is incorrect.
> >

> [snip]
>
> At the request of Guilherme, I put together a script to detect
> occurrences of clock skew in the existing CVS history.  The results can
> be seen here:
>
>   http://www.gnome.org/~jamesh/cvs-time-problems
>
> Each entry in this log indicates a revision of the file whose date that
> is earlier than the previous revision.  Note that this is not a complete
> list of problem revisions.  For each discontinuity there may be multiple
> revisions with bad dates before the clock was corrected.

Thanks to the cvs2svn hackers, the latest version of cvs2svn now works
with python2.2. So, armed with the latest cvs2svn, and my
hack^w^w^w^wpatch intended to address the clockskew problem, I have
re-run the full import once again:

http://svn.gnome.org/migration/

What I could do with is a hand identifying whether my patch has fixed
the problem. I have spot checked a couple of the problems in James's
'cvs-time-problems' link and them look to me to be OK in the latest run.
However, I would appreciate a second opinion, and some more thorough
checks (which I don't currently have time to do myself).

If anyone has some spare time and can help, please reply to this post
with a report of your findings.

If this has solved it, we might finally be able to start thinking about
re-scheduling a live migration :)

Thanks,

--
Ross