Re: Subversion migration.

On 5/5/05, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 04:06:15PM -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >     KDE moved to Subversion, news on Slashdot.
>
> If we moved to Arch, I bet we would make even bigger news on slashdot ;)

FWIW, for those not there, the big argument made by the pro-arch camp
at the boston summit was that svn was merely incremental improvement
over cvs while arch had the potential to really change how we do
things. I can't really speak to that one way or the other, not really
having used either, but that is just the background.

> >     My impression from the discussion at the Boston Gnome Summit is that
> > some people want to try out some experimental source code control
> > projects.
>
> I think most of us in the 'arch' camp really don't have any big
> objection to subversion.

I believe there was an objection from the core arch/bazaar folks at
LCA on this issue. Apparently there are established tools to export
from CVS, and not so much for SVN, which at this time makes it a bit
of a one-way street. But I may be misremembering.

Luis