Re: Re: CVS migration to subversion?

> De : Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome org>
> A : gnome-hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
> Objet : Re: CVS migration to subversion?
> El jue, 13 de 03 de 2003 a las 01:49, James Henstridge escribió:
> > The SVN feature set does look quite compelling, but some of the problems
> > listed on the inconveniences page look _very_ inconvenient for a project
> > like Gnome :)
>
> The inconveniences page is a list of know bugs that will be fixed before
> 1.0, so I don't think it will be any problem if we wait until 1.0.2 (or
> 1.2 as Owen told).

Actually, that's not quite the case... several of the "inconveniences" are already post-1.0 targetted - specifically the deadlocked database problem (kill a local import with ^C, for example, or take down your webserver in the middle of a svn transaction) will not be fixed for 1.0. Up until recently, the interrupted checkout issue was also post-1.0.

They do believe they will have complete CVS to svn migration support by 1.0. Personally, I love subversion. I think it rocks. But like James H. said, I don't think projects with a lot of remote users and lots of CVS history should be using it yet.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary