Re: Traveling to Sevilla, the easy way.

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 07:32, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> While I'm thinking of it, how well do the locals in seville speak
> English?

some people speak English, but don't expect it to be like last year in
Copenhagen, where everybody spoke English perfectly. In Spain, you'll
find people speaking English in tourist places, that is the hotel
(maybe, depending on the hotel), the airport, the tourist office, etc.
But local people (in a bar, in a disco, in a restaurant, etc) won't
speak too much English, or at least don't expect them to.

So, the best thing is either to have a Spanish-speaking colleague, or
just bring a dictionnary. Some useful things:

* cerveza -> beer
* más cerveza -> more beer
* tengo hambre -> I'm hungry
* dame una tapa -> give me a tapa (typical Spanish dishes that you eat
while you drink something in a bar)

cheers