Re: Build sheriff proposal ...

Joe Shaw wrote:
If this is a big concern, someone should set up a tinderbox client which
built from the CVS spec files.  I know that neither Red Hat nor Ximian
use the default ones, and most maintainers don't build RPMs, so the best
way to draw attention to them is to make them cause a flaming build. :)

Well the discussions on this subject tend to run lengthy, but the main point why people don't use the spec files of gnome anymore, is because they more often then not, do not work ;-)

Setting up a tinderbox might be a good way to deal with broken ones. I already have set up some scripts localy that automaticly update the versions of the requirements for modules, and tests building of the rpm's. With these scripts i can already do a prety good job of keeping them up to date.

(the only thing i am not automagicly catching yet is .schemas files, but i'm working on it)

	-- Chris