memory allocations.

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=101351949010285&w=2
is an interesting mail about malloc slowing down when linked against
-lpthread. As at some point -lpthread gets added to the link line for
all gnome2 apps, could we use the faster malloc meantioned?

I'm not sure where this could go, possibly in g_thread_init add a call
to g_mem_set_vtable which switches to the faster malloc?

Comments?
iain
--
"All men of conscience or prudence ply to windward, to maintain their
wars to be defensive." -- Roger Williams