Re: On the cost of libraries

Hi,

So is it fair to say we can blame most startup time problems on pure
"sucking the code off the disk"?

This does match Nautilus observations, where it takes ages to launch
the first time, but if you restart it after you've just been using it
(it is swapped in), it starts almost instantly.

That would mean we need a grope tool, or we need to delete some
code. Maybe both. ;-) I guess dynamic memory allocation is also an
issue since it forces other stuff to swap out.

Havoc